Water retention or sprained ankle?
So my question is.. do i need to see the doctor for a sprained ankle since they will more than likely tell me to just rest and wrap it with ace bandage or is a sprained ankle more seriousl than what i'm thinking it is?? thanks!
Answers: With you being pregnant, I wouldn't risk it. If your ankle is that swollen from a sprain you would have known it when you did it. What if it isn't a sprained ankle? As for water retention, usually when you are pregnant both of your ankles will swell not just one. Give your doctor a call and see what he or she suggests. Let him/her decide whether it might be important enough to be seen. You never can be too careful when you are pregnant.
being pregnant i wouldn't chance it...
You need to raise your leg. Sit on a recliner if you have one. Put some ice on your ankle. The swelling should go down.
Based on what you have said, it sounds as though you have definitely sprained your ankle somehow. Especially since you only have pain and swelling in the left ankle, and not the right. Your slight increase in weight from the pregnancy is only aggravating the situation even more. You need to rest that foot as much as possible, and wrap it in an Ace Bandage to help with the swelling. Soak it for 30 minutes at the end of each day in warm water and Epsom Salt... this will also aid with the pain and swelling. You are correct, a doctor is not necessary to treat a sprained ankle, but if it seems to be getting worse instead of better over the next couple of days, you are going to want to get a pair of crutches to use for about a week to keep ALL weight off of that foot and allow it to heal properly. Good luck!!
The health and medicine information post by website user , AnyQA.com not guarantee correctness , is for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions.
More Related Questions and Answers ...
- Knee popping and tight crampy feeling around it?
- I do alot of wrenching at work,but the next mornings my hands are so swollen thay hurt , can't bend fingers ?
- I've heard that it is a waste to redose on oxycodone too soon. Is this true?
- Besides ginger, what else would help for nausea?
- Left leg goes tingly, left arm tingly, dry mouth, nausea, headache on left side affected ,, what is wrong ?
- Question below?
- Do you sleep with socks on?
- Has anyone ever injured their knuckles? by hittin something? whats the best treatment for these injuries?
- My friend went to a walk in clinic, got a prescription, and redid the prescription for a pretty hard pain kill
- Numbness on the left side?