Anyone ever get sciatica from a herniated disc.?
Answers: My wife had this many years ago, and thought it was just something that you put up with. Until on day she couldn't feel her leg, (I guess that is the numbness) So we took her in and they removed the L-7 Disc, This is the lowest disc in the back and it was the one that was herniated. It is also the only disc that doesn't have to be fused when the disc is removed.She has had no trouble since then and it is at least 30 years.
I have what you have, and have had it for about 20 yrs. I would never get back surgery. I have heard so many pro's and con's. I go every so often to the pain clinic for either an epidural to releive the pain going down the leg, thru the butt cheeck, or I have also had much releif from trigger point injections. I was just laid up again with a cane for two weeks with pain, so made another appointment for the epidural, and am now releived again. Find a pain clinic, and make an appointment to see your other options.
I have sciatica, so I know the pain that you're going through. That being said, I would NEVER get surgery. The spine is too risky. Unless the pros outweigh the cons (being able to walk again > being alive and/or not paralyzed), I wouldn't do it. In any case, feel better and good luck.
The health and medicine information post by website user , AnyQA.com not guarantee correctness , is for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions.
More Related Questions and Answers ...
- What are finger nails made of?
- Knee problems?
- I have a painful, red bump on my hip. What could it be?
- Do illicit drugs interact negatively with antibiotics?
- I have sharp pain in my tummy?
- What does it take to be a Registered Nurse?
- My doctor won't give me migraine medication?
- Any useful therapy for osteonecrosis( blood loss to the bone)?
- Steroid injection for De Quervain Tendinitis?
- How do you break this horrible habit?