Ingrown Toenail, Fungal Infection, What Can I Do?
Answers: This may sound smart alecky, but I mean it. You have to see a different doctor. You should try a podiatrist who specializes in feet. An infection can actually be pretty serious and a fungal infection can be hard to get rid of.
Change podiatrists. They should be able to perform a procedure that prevents ingrown toenails by killing the quick of the nail on the far edges on each side then clipping the nail edges back. The infection is caused by the nail biting into your flesh causing an irritation. That along with the sweat and dirt from being enclosed in old shoes and socks etc cause the build up of infection. The fungal can only be treated by medication and its expensive. I tried cutting my whole nail off and washing the toe in clorox twice a day to kill the fungus and the darn thing still came back.
Definitely go see a foot specialist (like a podiatrist). Something you can do for the fungal part (I saw this on Rachael Ray-so you might want to check out her website)...is to soak the infected foot in EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) for a few minutes. Hope this helps! Also, a nice warm foot bath might help relieve some of the pain.good luck!
the only option for relief in ingrowing toe nail is removal of the ingrowing nail. so you will need to either cut the edges of the nail temporarily at home which is very painful as just touching the toe is painful or you can seek medical help to get a surgery done. pain can be relieved by taking antipain such as paracetamol, or diclofenac. fungal infection needs to be treated by washing with soap n water, drying the feet then dusting with antifungal powder and applying antifungal creams.
The health and medicine information post by website user , AnyQA.com not guarantee correctness , is for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions.
More Related Questions and Answers ...
- What should i do if i get my hand slammed in a door?
- PLEASE HELP!!i have a SEVERELY INFECTED MAXILLARY SINUS WHAT CAN I DO...HELP!!?
- Spider bite when pregnant!?
- Help me please my head is burnig?
- In the states that prescibe medical marijuana, is it prescribed if you have arthridis?
- Any doctors..?
- I keep getting.?
- When u take an X-ray for your back, do u have to take off your shirts?
- I have a huge contusion / bruising on my right thigh and on my left also ..its getting darker?
- How do you get rid of a sun burn without peeling the skin off?