Hurt at work - What is claim worth?
Can any tell how to work out how much the claim would be otherwise how does one know what it is worth?
Answers: Isn't the claim amount figured out for them by the compensation board?
The claim should at least include all medical care (if ti isn't already being covered under Workman's Comp - which it should be). Beyond that it's really hard to say. It depends on a long list of mitigating factors (their pay rate, current economics, etc.)
One thing that will not help your friend's claim is that what they did was against work training they had received. Even though the boss told them to do it, they should have refused until the proper conditions defined under their training could be met.
Statistical data is used by insurance companies to figure the amount an injury is worth. ie: loss of a hand, arm, leg, back injury, loss of sight etc. To what degree the arm can be used will also be an issue. A lawyer may be the only person who can find out how much this elbow injury is worth. It probably wont be much. If the company your friend worked for has worker's compensation insurance, in some states, they are not responsible for paying for pain and suffering, so the amount probably wont be much. To compare, in Colorado if a person is killed on the job, the worker's beneficiaries will probably receive no more than about forty thousand.
dont forget what goes around comes around
The health and medicine information post by website user , AnyQA.com not guarantee correctness , is for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions.
More Related Questions and Answers ...
- Tore ACL & meniscus 10 years ago. Been playing basketball for years but now have fluid on knee? Please help?
- Have you been shot with an arrow?
- Eye Buggers?
- Head injury.need imput?
- I have creaking knees.well.somewhere between a creak and a squelch.?
- I understand people getting numbnesss in toes or legs or tingling but my right anke feels mildly numb why ?
- To only those who have broken their leg...?
- When I wear heels a lump on my ankle comes up does anyone know what it might be?
- Is the surgi-pro hernia repair mesh different from the kugel repair mesh?I'm considering legal action.?
- What good to stop leg cramps?