Dry socket, or just sore gums?
Answers: You should see him just to be sure. Usually there are no fees for a follow-up visit after you've had teeth pulled. Also, make sure you use the little syringe thing they give you to rinse out your sockets. Tiny particles of food can get down in there and irritate it. This will cause pain and delay healing due to the irritated tissue. The holes are deeper than you think and it's easy for stuff to get down in there that regular rinsing won't remove. Good luck- mouth pain is yucky.
after I had some teeth pulled, things were healing well, I thought except on one spot, still so sore. come to find out a sliver of a bone was trying to come throgh. after the dr slid it out it started to heal the next day. the pain was like night and day.. all gone. So let yor dentist look in there and ck one more time, ok. good luck
ANOTHER VISIT THE DENTIST IS PRUDENT AND NEEDED TO MAKE SURE THAT THE EXTRACTION SITE IS HEALING NORMALLY. A FULL AFTER THE EXTRACTIONS YOU OUGHT NOT TO HAVE SUCH PAIN UNLESS THERE'S SOMETHING WRONG.
I can't really say if it is a dry socket because just being sore doest really describe one. Dry sockets hurt really bad and in most cases there will be a very distinct bad smell/taste in your mouth.
He should not charge you for this follow up visit. If this is a dry socket some dentist give you a thick paste that you can pack into the hole to numb it temporarily.
The health and medicine information post by website user , AnyQA.com not guarantee correctness , is for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions.
More Related Questions and Answers ...
- Which food or drink is most dangerous for the teeth?
- I have another ? related to my new Invisalign...?
- Whats the point of brushing teeth in the morning?
- Does anyone know of a good, cheap dendist? I need help!?
- What should a good blot clot look like 72 hrs after a tooth extraction?
- I just got my teeth whitened with zoom and can only eat uncolored food what is there I can have ?
- Is there any way to get rid of a cavity without a filling?
- Will using denture cleaner (the tablet kind that fizzes) hurt Essix retainers?
- Does anyone know a cosmetic dentist that will do pro bono work?
- CAN YOU GET A GRAFT Removed ??